Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow has launched an extensive advertising campaign aimed at increasing the attractiveness of nursing as a profession.
The campaign's success will rely heavily on grassroots support. If you have specific questions or requests about the campaign, please contact email@example.com.
For updates and information regarding the Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow campaign, see the 2003 campaign newsletter
How can I help spread the word?
- Access information from our Resources and Links section of the site for additional information about the nursing shortage and nursing careers.
- Localize our news releases and send to local and regional media in your area.
- Place our print ads and place in your organization's publications.
- Participate in career fairs and share NHT statistics.
- Speak to community groups about the shortage and encourage them to contact us about sponsorships and special interests.
- Host a hearing before city council or hold a town meeting to discuss the nursing shortage and the NHT recruitment campaign.
- Speak to youth groups about nursing careers and educational requirements.
- Host a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to NHT.
- Click here to see a list of Television Stations receiving our Public Service Announcement.
The seven print ads featured in the campaign can be placed in any print
media as either paid or non-paid advertising. Each ad showcases a nurse and
gives information on the individual's nursing background. Nurses for a
Healthier Tomorrow is relying on publications donating space to place the
ads or member organizations purchasing space.
To view a larger (PDF) version of any of the advertisements, please click on any of the thumbnail images below.
(These advertisements are in Adobe Acrobat Reader portable document format.)
Public Service Announcement (PSA)
The 30-second television public service announcement (PSA) differs slightly
from the print ads. Due to limitations with usage rights, the TV spot only
may be placed as a PSA and not as paid advertising. The PSA has been
distributed to 200 television stations nationwide. To find out if a station
near you has received it, view the complete list of receiving
If a station near you has not received a copy of the PSA, you can contribute
to the campaign by purchasing a kit to distribute to a station of your
choice. The kits are available for $100 and will include a letter to
television station public service directors, a color storyboard of the PSA
and a broadcast-quality copy of the PSA with Sigma tracking. For $150 an
organization's logo can even be placed at the end of the spot.
If a station near you has received the PSA, you can help by calling the
station and encouraging them to air the PSA.
Individuals also can obtain a VHS version of the PSA kit for $25.
Click here to purchase a PSA kit.
Movie Theatre Advertisements
In honor of National Nurses Week, Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow kicked
off a new component of the multimedia campaign with on-screen
advertisements running in movie theatres beginning the week of May 6-12,
2002. The ads feature real-life nurses from the coalition's print ad
campaign, showcase the "Nursing. It's Real. It's Life." tagline, and direct
moviegoers to the www.nursesource.org Web site. Reaching more than 2.5
million moviegoers, the on-screen ad will appear throughout the month of
May on 436 screens nationwide in the following major markets: Los Angeles,
New York, Miami, Baltimore, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Detroit,
Seattle, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Boston.